Aircraft Composite Materials Testing
Composite use in Aircraft and Automobiles has exploded over the past several years. Composites are now used in a variety of safety-critical parts from large aircraft wing sections to very complex 3D components with very demanding inspection requirements. Krautkrämer composite inspection systems are designed specifically with two things in mind – find defects that could lead to part failures and do so at very high throughput rates to keep up with industry need.
We used to be GE Inspection Technologies, now we’re Waygate Technologies, a global leader in NDT solutions with more than 125 years of experience in ensuring quality, safety and productivity.
Aircraft Composite Materials Testing Solutions
Hydrastar robotic inspection system for complex composite parts
Automated robotic aerospace component inspection
Krautkrämer Hydrastar is our robot-based automated ultrasonic platform for the inspection of complex composite aerospace structures. Krautkrämer Hydrastar systems are complete turnkey solutions available in single and dual robot configurations with optional linear slides and turntables to inspect a wide variety of component geometries.
The Krautkrämer Hydrastar design incorporates several patented technologies including wide-area phased array squirters and reverse phasing surface adaptation. The result is industry-leading productivity.
- Industry standard, high accuracy six-axis robots with optional x-axis rails and turntable
- Industry leading phased array ultrasonic applications
- Application tooling for high throughput pulse echo and through transmission scanning
- Common ultrasonic instrument and software platform for conventional and phased array ultrasonic testing
- Outstanding, high dynamic range ultrasonic testing performance
- Simple operation by a single operator
- Advanced software tools for inspection analysis and automated report generation
- Semi-automated application tool selection and attachment to the robot
High Throughput Application Tools
- Conventional TTU Squirters available in single or dual frequency configurations
- Wide Area Phased Array TTU Squirters
- Phased Array Skin Bubbler
- Phased Array Inside Radius Bubbler
- Phased Array Outside Radius Bubbler
- Phased Array Stringer Bubbler
- All phased array tools are Reverse Phasing Contour Adaptation capable to follow changing geometry by measuring real-time Time of Flight variation
Automated ultrasonic composite airframe inspection solution
Krautkrämer Rokstar is the ultimate ultrasonic inspection solution for aerospace composite structures. This hybrid machine combines the dimensional control of Cartesian gantry systems with the flexibility of articulating robot solutions. The result is a rock-solid, 13 axis scanning system with a wide operating range capable of accurately and efficiently inspecting a variety of fabricated parts from large relatively planar wing skins to small complex 3D components.
• Robust industrial design to maintain tight dimensional control while scanning
• Broad selection of phased array tooling for rapid scanning of radii, skins, and stringers in both pulse echo and through transmission.
• Robotic wrists on both Y-axis for complex contour following
• Common ultrasonic instrument and software platform for conventional and phased array ultrasonic testing
• Reverse Phasing Contour Adaption capable to follow changing geometry by measuring real-time Time of Flight variation
Outstanding, high dynamic range ultrasonic testing performance
• Industry leading scan uniformity across large parts
• Rapid throughput Phased Array ultrasonic part scanning
• Simple operation by a single operator
• Advanced software tools for inspection analysis and automated report generation
• Quick change application tool selection and attachment to the scanning axes