In-line phased array full body tube and pipe inspection
Full Body Ultrasonic Testing (FBUT) Solutions
The Krautkrämer HELIX is an in-line, Phased Array Full Body Ultrasonic Test (FBUT) system designed to inspect seamless and ERW/HFI welded tube and pipe used in critical infrastructure applications. The HELIX can be matched to the throughput of the upstream manufacturing processes to provide valuable quality data for process control or can be set up as an off-line tester for final inspection per API5CT and other FBUT industry standards.
We used to be GE Inspection Technologies, now we’re Waygate Technologies, a global leader in NDT solutions with more than 125 years of experience in ensuring quality, safety and productivity.
Get in touch
- Standard Phased Array ultrasonic Paintbrush with up to +/- 45 degree gapless oblique inspection
- C-Scan imaging with polar orientation analysis of all gated indications
- Provides metrology data for Eccentricity and Wall thickness
- Up to 1.75 m/sec surface speed with 120mm helix
- Moving Test Mechanics for pipe inlet and outlet to reduce untested ends
- Automated setup Wizard
- Raw data interface to plant IT systems
- Auto Calibration Mode with probe sensitivity adjustment
- Meets final test requirements for all current and foreseeable future FBUT seamless pipe inspection standards.
- Integratable within existing process lines
- Able to process longitudinal, transverse, gapless oblique, lamination and geometric data at full production speed
- Orientation data for all gated indications
- High Resolution scanning to allow quantification of reference flaw quality
- Typical Signal to Noise of >18dB
- High production throughput
- Efficient setup and calibration for size changes
- Short untested ends