The next generation multi-channel inspection platform is now available and succeeds our industry proven USIP 40.
From now until October 31st we offer a substantial discount on all our phased array probes. Customers who consider buying our probes together with our powerful Mentor UT flaw detector can get hold of an even higher rebate.
Industrial Ultrasonic Testing
Highly accurate, versatile solutions to protect a range of critical assets
Protect your most valuable assets and ensure productivity using the most widely trusted non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions available. Built upon the Krautkrämer legacy, each of Waygate Technologies’ high-performance ultrasonic testing products was carefully designed to detect even the smallest flaws in a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics, and composites. Common inspection applications include welds, forgings, bars/billets, tubing, and tank corrosion.
Be it downtime at a refinery or metal bar manufacturing facility, our flaw detectors, probes and transducers, advanced inspection software, scanners, and thickness gauges are designed to help provide long-term protection and pinpoint the source of a wide range of both common and uncommon faults.
Improving Probability of Detection (POD)
Get the highest degree of inspection confidence for modern industrial NDT testing needs — from high-pressure oil and gas pipes to aircraft wing structures — with an ultrasonic testing solution from Waygate Technologies.
Are you facing an urgent or high-cost inspection challenge? Or one for which neither internal resources suffice nor commercial off-the-shelf solutions exist? With the help of Waygate Technologies‘ AppLab Service, you can leverage our expertise to find a tailor-made solution for your specific requirement.
Discover Our Diverse Family of Ultrasonic Testing Solutions:
Ultrasonic Transducers and Probes
Used for a wide variety of ultrasonic testing tasks such as flaw detection, thickness gauging, weld and bond testing, and more.
Includes contact, phased array, immersion, custom transducers, and more.
Field-tested portable ultrasonic testing solutions for fast, accurate inspections for internal product integrity, searching for defects, cracks, and other discontinuities.
Our advanced line of ultrasonic testing gauges is designed to measure thickness with precision.
Get accurate, reliable, and comprehensive thickness inspection data for a wide range of applications.
World class inspection solutions for the most challenging applications
• Staffed by highly trained engineers with decades of NDT experience
• Operational record of more than 30 years
• Over 10,000 custom products created
• Global reach across all major industries
Automated UT Systems
Industrial ultrasonic testing systems built to ensure the safety and reliability of your most critical assets.
Don’t just assess the quality of individual components, but eliminate upstream generated defects during manufacturing to boost your bottom line.
Predictive Corrosion Management
Intuitive software built with Rightrax PM installed sensors monitor the loss of interior wall thickness in pipes, tanks, and vessels to support asset integrity.
Ultrasonic Testing Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ultrasonic Testing?
Ultrasonic Testing (UT) is a form of non-destructive testing (NDT) that employs high-frequency sound waves for the purpose of characterizing the thickness or internal structure of a given sample. The frequencies used for UT are typically in the range of 500 kHz to 20 Mhz.
As a non-destructive testing method, ultrasonic testing is ideally suited to the detection of flaws, defects, and welded seams where destruction of the target sample is not an option.
In addition to detecting flaws in production samples, periodic UT inspections are also perfect for checking for corrosion in existing equipment, such as pipelines, and is therefore an indispensable part of any predictive maintenance program.
What Materials Can be Tested?
Ultrasonic Testing (UT) is ideally suited for the inspection of material structures such as metals, ceramics, plastics, and composites.
While denser materials up to and including concrete can be successfully inspected, the output resolution is usually less-defined.
Highly porous biological materials such as wood and paper do not react well to ultrasonic testing.
Advantages of Ultrasonic Testing
Some of the many advantages of Ultrasonic Testing (UT) include, but are not limited to:
- High definition flaw detection that also penetrates deeper than other NDT methods
- Can be used when only one side of the sample can be accessed
- Greater accuracy over other non-destructive testing (NDT) methods
- In addition to flaw detection, UT can also give you the orientation, shape, and size of the defect
- Non-hazardous, unlike Radiographic Testing (RT)
- UT lends itself to automated solutions, suited for production floor testing as well as very small, portable form factors for walk-around and fieldwork
- Unlike Radiographic Testing which requires time to develop film, UT results can be obtained - and shared - instantaneously
Limitations of Ultrasonic Testing
While Ultrasonic Testing (UT) offers many benefits over other non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, there are still some inherent drawbacks:
- UT inspection requires skilled technicians for set up, operation, and interpretation of results
- Some more complex, thin, or otherwise irregularly shaped samples may prove more difficult to inspect
- If your target material has loose or scaling paint, this will need to be removed prior to testing to ensure an accurate reading
- Radiographic Testing (RT) may have a higher degree of sensitivity, and thus accuracy, for inclusions and other volumetric flaws
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT) gauges in most cases need to be calibrated according to the target material being tested, which requires time and expertise
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT) are more expensive when compared to other non-destructive testing (NDT) technologies
What industries use Ultrasonic Testing?
Where can I get training on Ultrasonic Testing?
While there are several resources available for non-destructive testing training, Waygate Technologies offers NDT training across the broadest range of inspection methods, which are offered around the globe, or at a location of your choice.
Get your team up to speed on the latest in NDT today!
Waygate UT Solutions: Solving the Toughest Challenges in Your Industry