DMS Go+ Series Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The DMS Go+ Series of A-scan thickness gauges provides accurate, reliable, and comprehensive thickness inspection data in a wide range of applications and environments.
All three models - DMS Go+ Basic, DMS Go+, and DMS Go+ Advanced - feature intuitive, easy-to-use arrow-keypad control and carry out from simple A-scan verification to B-scan and full Data Recording. The three thickness gauges are easy to upgrade with additional features and capabilities in order to form a powerful and flexible NDT inspection tool that meets your corrosion thickness application needs.
The DMS Go+ Series uses the same operating platform and hardware as the state-of-the-art USM Go+ portable flaw detector. This offers the ability to have an A-scan thickness gauge and full-fledged flaw detector in one powerful & flexible instrument.
We used to be GE Inspection Technologies, now we’re Waygate Technologies, a global leader in NDT solutions with more than 125 years of experience in ensuring quality, safety and productivity.
Get in touch
DMS Go+ Features
- Ergonomic design for easy operation
- High-performance thickness measurement
- High capacity data recorder and compatibility with powerful data management systems
- Intuitive arrow-keypad for positive digital control of parameters
- A “Flip” function allows use by both left-handed and right-handed operators
- Portrait or landscape views to match user preference
- A large 800x480 pixel display screen ergonomically sized to reduce eyestrain, which can be adjusted to provide optimum visibility in various ambient light conditions
- Small size, lightweight (870g, 1.9lb), robust construction to IP67 for operation in harsh environments
- Automatic gain control for excellent repeatability and corrosion monitoring
- Built-in temperature compensation for accurate measurement up to 540°C (1000°F)*
- Save and load parameter sets for easy recall and repeatability from inspection to inspection
- On-board data recorder, with the capacity for thousands of thickness readings, with storage of A-scan, B-scan and MicroGrid attachments*. The DMS Go+ and DMS Go+ Advanced models offer expanded data recording capability with additional boiler, custom grid, custom linear, custom point, and 3D, & 4D file structures via UltraMATE
- Data transfer is by SD card or via USB port to PC. Data can be transferred in various file formats to allow easy integration with user data management systems
- Export data in multiple file formats (e.g. CSV, PDF, DAT, XML, JPG screen capture)
- Compatible with many of the popular mechanical integrity risk-based inspection data management analysis programs. SDK (software development kit) available to link to other software programs
The Krautkrämer DMS Go+ is suitable for thickness measurement in a wide variety of applications throughout the industrial and process spectrum. It is especially applicable for corrosion measurement and monitoring, even on coated components and structures and at high temperatures.
Typical applications include:
Oil & Gas
- Inspection and monitoring of corrosion in tubes, vessels, and tanks
- Measurement of remaining wall thickness through paint coatings
- Inspection of complex geometry tubes
- Monitoring of boiler efficiency by measuring oxide scale in boiler tubes with special probe OSS-10
- Maintenance checks
- Thickness measurement of austenitic materials
Optional applications software such as TopCOAT technology, also allows measurement of coating thickness as well as metal thickness, while Auto-V measurement enables thickness to be measured on components with unknown sound velocities, without the need for a calibration block.
- DMS Go+ Basic - Provides accurate, reliable thickness inspection data on metal devoid of coatings.
- DMS Go+ - Provides a DUAL MULTI operating mode for measuring the thickness of metal through coatings.
- DMS Go+ Advanced - Provides a DUAL MULTI operating mode for measuring thickness over coatings just like the DMS Go+ while adding a data logger feature.
- Display 5 inch - 800 × 480 pixels, 108 × 65 mm (W x H), > 200 cd/m2
- Size (W x H x D) - 175 × 111 × 50 mm (W × H × D)
- Weight - 850 g with battery
- Protection class - IP 67
- Operating temperature - 0 – 55 °C
- Battery - Li-Ion, rechargeable, > 8 hours operation time
- Power adapter / charger - 100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Probe connector - Dual Lemo-00 (T/R)
- PC interface - Micro USB
- Memory card - SD-Card 16 GB max
- Datarecorder - 100.000 readings per file. Multiple files can be stored on SD card 8 file formats, Attachment of A-Scan, B-Scan and micro grid
- Pulser - 120 – 250 V, Spike wave, Automatically matched to probe
- Pulse Repetition Frequency - 4, 8 or 16 Hz selectable
- Receiver - 110 dB dynamic, automatic gain control, Manual –high, -low, -auto
- Measurement range - 0,4 – 14.000 m/s (0.01 – 551 “)
- Units - mm, inch, μs
- Digital Display resolution - 0,01 mm or 0,1 mm (0.001” or 0.01”) selectable
- Measurement techniques - Zero crossing, IP to 1st echo, multi echo, TopCoat, Auto-V
- Calibration - One-point, Two-point, Auto or Manual On-block and Off-block Zero, Automatic V-Path correction
- Display mode - Thickness and A-Scan, Temperature corrected thickness, B-Scan, Min/Max capture, Differential
- Compliance - EN 61010,EN 61326-1, EN 12668, ASTM E 1324, E317, ANSI/NCSL Z 540-1-1994, MIL-STD 45662A, MIL-STD 2154, EN 15317