Inspection of internal corrosion and erosive wall loss
Corrosion Scanning with Handheld DM Array Probe
Historically, ultrasonic corrosion surveys have been conducted with point measurement probes taking a grid of points over a given area. Unfortunately, this method provides an incomplete picture which makes it likely that the true minimum of a given inspection area is never detected.
Inspection of assets subject to internal corrosion and erosive wall loss such as piping, storage tanks, and other critical assets; requiring visual display and confirmation of remaining wall thickness.
By using BHGE's handheld DM Array Probe, the suspect area can be 100% scanned to locate the true minimum thicknesses--as well as any random pitting or damage that may exist. This provides a much more accurate assessment.
Features and Benefits
• Customizable Palm Scanner App on the Mentor UT provides a guided workflow to standardize and reduce time for calibration and set-up of inspection
• Touch screen operation for fast and easy interrogation
of suspect areas
• DM Array probe optimized for pitting corrosion detection
- Modular probe design for cost effective replacement
• Mentor UT Phased Array Flaw Detector - P/N 100N3883
• DM Acoustic Module (5 MHZ x 1.5 mm) - P/N DMARRAY_MOD1
• Probe Cable (3 m; Side Exit) - P/N DMCABLE_3M_RT