High-performance premium nanofocus and microfocus inspection for electronics
NDT Electronics Inspection Solutions
Phoenix Microme|x Neo and Nanome|x Neo
The Phoenix Microme|x Neo and Nanome|x Neo provide high-resolution 2D X-ray technology, PlanarCT and 3D computed tomography( CT) scanning in one system, enabling non-destructive testing (NDT) of electronic components - such as semiconductors, PCBs, lithium-ion batteries - in industrial, automotive, aviation and consumer electronics industries. With innovative engineering coupled with ultra-high positioning accuracy, Phoenix Microme|x Neo and Nanome|x Neo are ideally suited for industrial X-ray electronics inspections in process and quality control for greater productivity, failure analysis for the increased safety and quality of your products, and R&D where innovations are born.
Discover all of the new features of the latest Phoenix Nanome|x and Microme|x Neo product release.
We used to be GE Inspection Technologies, now we’re Waygate Technologies, a global leader in NDT solutions with more than 125 years of experience in ensuring quality, safety, and productivity.
Phoenix Microme|x Neo and Nanome|x Neo - Key Features
Brilliant DXR-HD live imaging
Waygate Technologies´ exclusive brilliant DXR-HD detector fleet includes:
1) The newest large-size DXR S100 Pro detector - superior pixel resolution defining industry-leading imaging technology:
- Provides superior 100 um pixel resolution and frame rates up to 30 frames per second which combines outstanding detectability with high efficiency
- 300 mm x 250 mm large active area significantly expands the vision and redefines inspection efficiency
2) Exclusive high dynamic DXR250RT detector - enhanced scintillator technology introduces a new industry standard for efficient live inspection:
- Full frame rate of 30 frames per second at 1000x1000 pixels offers low noise coupled with brilliant image quality ensuring fast and detailed live inspection
- Active temperature stabilization for precise and reliable inspection results
- Extremely fast data acquisition in 3D CT mode
- Detail detectability down to 0.5 μm / 0.2 μm for high-performance failure analysis
High output with high-resolution: Diamond|window
Compared to conventional beryllium targets, the Diamond|window allows higher power at a smaller focal spot. This ensures high-resolution
even at high output.
- Up to 2 times faster CT data acquisition at the same high image quality level
- High output with high-resolution
- Non-toxic target
- Improved focal spot position stability within long term measurements
- Increased target lifetime due to less degradation with higher power density
High-resolution 3D computed tomography
For advanced inspection and 3D analysis of smaller samples, Phoenix|x-ray’s proprietary 3D CT technology is optionally available.
- 180 kV / 20 W high power X-ray technology, fast image acquisition with DXR detector and diamond|window combined with Phoenix|x-ray’s fast reconstruction software deliver high-quality inspection results
- Maximum voxel resolution down to 2 microns; the nanoCT® capability of the Nanome|x allows higher image sharpness
X|act – CAD based inspection: FLASH!™
High-resolution μAXI for extremely high defect coverage
As a solution for μAXI with extremely high defect coverage, phoenix|x-ray provides its high precision systems MicromeIx Neo and NanomeIx Neo including the unique X|act software package for fast and easy offline CAD programming.
Its intuitive new GUI with improved outstanding precision and repeatability, small views with resolutions of only a few micrometers, 360° rotation, and oblique viewing up to 70° ensures meeting the highest quality standards – even for inspection of components with a pitch of just 100 microns.
Besides automated inspection, X|act ensures an easy pad identification by its live CAD data overlay function even in manual inspection while FLASH!™ image optimization ensures high defect coverage.
Efficient CAD programming
X|act provides not only a minimal setup time compared to conventional view based AXI – once programmed, the inspection program is portable to all X|act compatible systems. The result is fast and easy programming: just assign the inspection strategies and let X|act generate the automated inspection program
- Easy pad-based offline programming
- Specific inspection strategies for different pad types
- Fully automated inspection program generation
- Extremely high positioning accuracy even at oblique viewing and rotation
- Easy pad identification in manual X-ray inspection
- High reproducibility on large PCBs
Virtual board slicing with Planar|CT
Planar|CT slice or multislice views allow exact inspection results of a single plane or a whole package.
- Easy 2D slice or 3D volume evaluation of large complex boards
- No board cutting, no overlaying structures as in X-ray images
Cutting-edge detail detectability, speed, and image quality
- Brilliant live inspection images with high dynamic Waygate Technologies DXR digital detector array
- Large 27” monitor and ultra-high defect coverage and repeatability
- Detail detectability at 0.5 µm or 0.2 µm with nanofocus
- Live overlay of CAD and inspection results even in rotated oblique inspection views
- High power 180 kV / 20 W microfocus or nanofocus tube for high absorbing electronic samples
Navigation Map Orientation
Clear overview and fast positioning:
• Optical camera image or X-ray overview image for whole sample
as navigation map
• Fast manipulation by clicking on the map
• Inspection program can be set based on the optical navigation map
• Position on the map can be saved into test report generated by X|act
Smart Dose Management
Waygate Technologies´ proprietary Shadow|target inside the X-ray tube enables a reduction of unnecessary radiation dose of up to 60% compared to conventional x-ray tubes during a typical inspection. Combined in a low-dose bundle together with the brand new Dose|manager tool, it enables real-time dose monitoring and controlling
This solution protects radiation sensitive inspected components from aging to worst case damage.
- The Shadow|target is linked with the Dose|manager tool
- Shadow|target prevents frequent generator start & stop to reduce unwanted radiation
- Fast and stable X-ray recovering. No delay of energy running up
- Dose measurement: Realtime visualization of projected dose through “heat map”
- Cumulated dose counting per inspection
In the Dose|manager tool, rainbow coloring is visualizing the projected X-ray dose in real time:
Left image: Dose Map without Shadow|target.
Right image: Dose Map with Shadow|target.
Efficient and transportable for in-field applications
- Minimized setup time due to highly efficient automated CAD programming
- Designed for portability with compact, state-of-the-art electronics
- Intuitive GUI interface with fully automated inspection program generation
Options for optimization and 3D scanning
- Optional FLASH!™ image optimization technology
- Optional advanced failure analysis with high-resolution 3D micro- or nanoCT® or large board PlanarCT
- Optional 3D CT scans up to 10 seconds
Get in touch
What type of tube does the Phoenix Micromex/Nanomex Neo use?
Microme|x Neo offers both a 160KV micro focus tube and a 180KV micro focus tube with Diamond|window. The Nanome|x Neo is using 180KV nano focus tube. Detail detectability at 0.5 µm (Microme|x Neo) or 0.2 µm (Nanome|x Neo)
What type of detector is used?
Both the Microme|x Neo and Nanome|x Neo offer various detectors with different image area and pixel size. From CMOS detector with 191 fps to aSI detectors. From 75µm high resolution to 200µm resolution with extremely high dynamic range and brilliant image quality ensuring fast and detailed live inspection,
What is the Max. Inspection Area and the Max. Sample size?
The Max. inspection area of our system is 460 mm x 360 mm (18” x 14”) with a rotation table, and 610 mm x 510 mm (24” x 20”) without a rotation table. Max. sample size/weight is 680 mm x 635 mm (27” x 25”) / 10 kg (22 lbs.).
Can they both perform 3D inspection ?
Phoenix|x-ray’s proprietary 3D CT technology is optionally available on the Microme|x Neo and Nanome|x Neo for advanced inspection and 3D analysis of smaller samples. Max. geometric magnification could be 100x (CT) and Max. voxel resolution down to 2um, resolution depending on the sample size.