Rapid Accuracy with Automated UT Inspection Systems
Forging and Casting Testing (NDT)
Forged and cast metallic parts are used extensively in a variety of critical applications in nearly every industrial segment. In many cases these parts are inspected by hand – often subjective and inaccurate methods. Krautkrämer Automated Inspection Systems overcome this subjectivity by providing accurate, repeatable results at high throughput rates. By seamlessly integrating these powerful and robust system configurations, you can raise your inspections to new levels of quality and performance.
Talk to an NDT Expert
Featured Forging and Casting Testing Solutions
The Compact Hollow Axle Tester CHAT combines the proven HW probes with Krautkrämer’s high-quality USIP 40 ultrasonic instrument.
- Electronics and mechanics designed to cover the entire diameter range
- Rapid adaption to new diameters just by exchanging centering devices (3 parts in total)
- Motorized motion (closed control circuits) in linear direction and for probe holder rotation
- Signal connection through slip ring to allow continuous rotation of the probe holder and to reduce the inspection time.
- Quick pluggable cable connections between trolley and inspection mechanics
- Light design of inspection mechanics that can be handled “just by one person” with no need for lifting
- Closed loop for oil coupling to minimize oil loss during the inspection
- Full post-processing possibilities thanks to A-scan recording
Modular Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks
This adaptable ultrasonic immersion tank delivers the highest quality diagnostics for more accurate readings and more proactive decisions—solving inspection needs across a range of industries. It gives users flexibility and control over their processes today, with the ability to adapt tomorrow if those needs change. It is designed for safe and flexible use, minimizing risk and maximizing productivity.
- Top-notch protection for safe and stress-free scanning
- Durable and ergonomic architecture to withstand heavy use
- Modular construction with many combination types and sizes
- Fully customizable to meet your scanning needs