Industrial Oxygen & Gas Analyzers
No moving parts ensure greater instrument accuracy & uptime
Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business, offers industrial oxygen and gas analyzers that improve process efficiency, optimize reactors, and provide greater confidence for petrochemical, power generation, and combustion efficiency applications. These solid-state oxygen and gas analyzer designs use no moving parts, ensuring an accurate and reliable measurement even in difficult, high-noise environments.
From the microprocessor-based XMTC, perfectly suited for measuring the concentration of binary gas mixtures including hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, helium, and more, or the explosion-proof design of the XDP, certified for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups B, & D, and II 2 GD EEx d IIC T6 hazardous areas, to the minimalist, mount-anywhere design of the Panametrics’ oxy.IQ, we're confident that if you need an industrial oxygen and gas analyzer in your production environment, we have an accurate and reliable solution for you.
Panametrics Industrial Oxygen & Gas Analyzer Solutions
XMTC Thermal Conductivity Transmitter & Analyzer
The Panametrics’ microprocessor-based XMTC is a compact, rugged, online thermal conductivity transmitter that measures the concentration of binary gas mixtures including hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, helium and many others.
The analyzer also combines computer-enhanced signal measurement with fast-response software, real-time error detection, and digital communication via an RS232 or RS485 interface.
The XMTC thermal conductivity transmitter and analyzer are ideal for hydrogen and gas applications, along with industries such as metals, electric power, petroleum, chemical, methane, landfill, biogas, gas production, and food. Features include:
- Ultra-stable glass-coated thermistors
- Single or dual gas push-button calibration
- PC interface package for digital output
- Type IP66/4X construction
- ATEX, IECEx, FM and CSA certified for Zone I and Division 1 hazardous areas
TMO2D Display and Power Supply
The Panametrics TMO2D is an optional display and control module that enhances the performance and operation of transmitters such as the XMO2, XMTC, or oxy.IQ.
It provides a two-line x 24-character backlit LCD display, display and option programming via keyboard, recorder outputs, alarm relays, and relays for driving sample system solenoids for automatic zero and span calibration, as well as a 24 VDC power supply for the transmitter.
- Two-line x 24-character backlit LCD
- Single or dual isolated, 4 to 20 mA outputs
- Up to four field-configurable process alarms
- Automatic calibration relays
The TMO2D provides long-term, hands-off operation with this optional feature. When initiated, the TMO2D controls solenoid valves in the sample system to bring zero and span gases to the transmitter. Then TMO2D software compares the calibration gas readings with factory data to verify proper calibration. If an adjustment is necessary, the TMO2D makes corrections automatically and notifies the user via the front panel display and alarm contacts.
XDP Explosion - Proof Gas Transmitter Display
Panametrics’ XDP explosion-proof display provides the measurement of percent or ppm oxygen or hydrogen gas. The explosion-proof XDP is certified for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups B, & D, and II 2 GD EEx d IIC T6 hazardous areas. Features include:
- Explosion-proof for Class I, Division 1, Group B, C & D hazardous areas
- Flameproof II 2 GD EEx d IIC T6 T85°C
- Infrared (IR) through-the-glass keypad
- Universal AC input
- 24 VDC power supply for XMO2, XMTC or O2X1
- Software for measurement of percent or ppm oxygen or hydrogen
- Three-curve software for hydrogen-cooled generator
- Programmable process relay contacts
The XDP provides long-term, hands-off operation with this optional feature. When initiated, the XDP controls solenoid valves in the sample system to bring zero and span gases to the transmitter. Then the XDP software compares calibration gas readings with factory data to verify proper calibration. If an adjustment is necessary, the XDP makes corrections automatically and notifies the user via the front panel display and alarm contacts.
CGA351 Zirconium Oxide Oxygen Analyzer / Sensor
The Panametrics CGA351 Series of oxygen analyzers and monitors can be used for any variable gas stream or atmosphere that is clean and dry, including oxygen-enriched air feed to furnaces and a combustion index of blended fuel gases and oxygen content that is present during the heat bonding of plastics. Features include:
- Fast, easy one-point calibration
- Low maintenance
- Measures oxygen from 0.1 ppm to 100 percent; can measure oxygen in reducing gases
- Fast response (90 percent of step change in less than 2 seconds)
- Extremely stable sensor operation
- Months of trouble-free service; calibration checks or adjustments seldom required; one-point calibration is sufficient for the entire range from ppm to percent oxygen
- Accuracy increases at low oxygen concentrations
Applications and Uses
The CGA 351 zirconium oxide oxygen analyzer is suitable for monitoring and/or controlling high purity gas streams or atmospheres such as in air separation, heat treating, ceramic manufacturing, and other processes.
oxy.IQ Galvanic Fuel Cell Oxygen Transmitter
Panametrics’ oxy.IQ contains a built-in microprocessor and is designed to fit easily into any installation site. The oxy.IQ is a highly reliable and cost-effective two-wire, loop-powered transmitter with a linearized 4 to 20 mA output.
It measures oxygen in ten ppm ranges and seven percentage ranges. All ranges are user-selectable. This compact transmitter uses proven sensor technology to accurately measure O2 in a variety of gases. The oxygen analyzer serves both general purpose and hazardous areas with an intuitive interface for easy programming.
- Two-wire, loop-powered 4 to 20 mA transmitter
- Display with keypad
- Intrinsically safe option for Class 1 Div 1 and Div 2 locations, and ATEX/IECEX Zone 0
- Non Incendive for Div 2 locations
- Ex flameproof option
- Proven galvanic fuel cell O2 sensor technology
- User-selectable ranges for ppm and percent oxygen
- User-friendly and intuitive user interface with diagnostics
- Microprocessor-based, all-digital technology for reliable operation
- Low maintenance, economical and compact
- Sensor failure output error
- Sensor lifetime indication
- NAMUR error indication
XMO2 Thermo Paramagnetic Oxygen Transmitter/Analyzer
Rugged and compact, the Panametrics XMO2 transmitter can be used to log on online to provide computer-enhanced, drift-free oxygen measurement. This transmitter offers accuracy and reliability for long-term oxygen measurements that are critical to your process and product quality.
The XMO2 combines computer-enhanced, automatic oxygen signal compensation, fast-response software, real-time error detection, and automated calibration with a proven thermoparamagnetic oxygen sensor to achieve unequaled performance and ease of use. Features include:
- Measurement ranges from 0.01 percent to 100 percent O2 in gases
- Explosion-proof and flameproof enclosure with weatherproof protection allows sensor to be remotely mounted at the measurement point
- Push-button, single or dual gas calibration
- Compact, rugged sensor design with no moving parts provides long term reliability and trouble-free operation
- Dual-bridge measurement circuit compensates for variations in background gas composition
- Unique dual-chamber,temperature-controlled cell design provides resistance to contamination and flow fluctuation
- Computer-enhanced accuracy of 1 percent of span and linearity of better than 0.5 percent of span
- Automatic background gas compensation