Summary: This episode is Part 1 of a discussion on Gas Turbine Operation with my guest, Robert Hawkins. In Part 1 we cover concepts related to the basic operation of Gas Turbines, which are important to understand for effective troubleshooting when issues arise. In Parts 2 and 3 we will cover common Operational Issues and how to troubleshoot these in more detail
- Factors affecting power output for a Gas Turbine
- Different Gas Turbine configurations and their impact on troubleshooting
- Inlet Guide Vane (IGV) and Inlet Bleed Heat (IBH)
- Explanation of Gas Turbine max load factors
- Exhaust spread and relationship to combustion issues
Guest Bio: Robert is a Lead Technical Support Specialist for Nexus Controls Remote Diagnostic Service team and has over 30 years of experience with steam and gas turbines, mechanical, and control systems. His past roles include Product Services Engineer, Instructor, and Field Engineer.