Summary: In this episode I discuss open process automation and how it is transforming industrial control, with my guest Brandon Williams, co-founder of CPLANE.ai and a member of the Open Process Automation™ Forum (OPAF).
- What is open process automation and OPAF?
- How can open process automation help control system end users?
- Impact on compute power, data analytics, cybersecurity, flexibility, and TCO
- Importance of innovation for security, competitiveness, and workforce
- Steps someone can take to get involved in this movement
Guest Bio: Brandon Williams is a co-founder of the Silicon Valley software company, CPLANE.ai. Brandon is a daily innovator and practitioner of IT/OT convergence using orchestration. He is a former U.S. nuclear submarine officer and holds an MBA in Operations and Finance from the Wharton School.
About OPAF: The Open Process Automation™ Forum is focused on developing a standards-based, open, secure, interoperable process control architecture. The Forum is a consensus-based group of end users, suppliers, system integrators, standards organizations, and academia. It addresses both technical and business issues for process automation.