Summary: In this episode I discuss how data analytics and other recent technology trends are impacting industrial control applications, with my guest Craig Resnick, Vice President of the ARC Advisory Group.
- Differences between performance, predictive, and prescriptive data analytics
- Examples of how different data analytics are being used in industrial control
- Impact of COVID on data analytics and other technology trends
- What industrial control personnel can do to prepare for their roles in the future
- Augmented and Virtual Reality, IT/OT Convergence, Operational Resilience, Edge Computing
Guest Bio: Craig is the primary analyst for many of ARC’s automation and financial services clients. His coverage includes digitalization, Industrial IoT, I4.0, enterprise integration, industry best practices, and operational excellence. His focus areas include digital transformation, automation platforms, edge, OT/IT convergence, production management and HMI/SCADA software solutions. Craig’s prior experience includes sales, marketing, product development, and project management in the industrial market, gained with major suppliers of PLCs, process control systems, power transmission equipment, and field devices. Craig holds a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MBA from Northeastern University.
About ARC: Founded in 1986, ARC Advisory Group is a global technology research and advisory firm for industry, infrastructure, and cities. They provide technology supplier clients with strategic market research, and help end user clients develop appropriate adoption strategies and select the best technology solutions for their needs. ARC provides advisory services, technology evaluation and selection services, research reports, and analyst consultation.