A revolutionary lubricating oil monitoring platform
Introducing VitalyX, the revolutionary digital lubrication oil monitoring system from Baker Hughes. Lubrication oil is not only the lifeblood of your machines, but it is a key indicator of potentially unseen issues which can cause reduced asset performance, or catastrophic loss of asset.
VitalyX combines world class sensing technologies with unmatched data science, edge computing and cloud connectivity capabilities, along with a deep domain knowledge of machines and heritage in condition-based monitoring.
Current lubrication oil monitoring practices involve manual sampling and laboratory testing, which can be prone to human error and delays of multiple weeks, leaving you and your equipment vulnerable to failure or a drop in performance.
Want to learn more?
VitalyX works by deploying sensors to critical assets which collect key information about the lubrication oil and machine in real-time. The VitalyX edge computer then sends that data to the cloud where proprietary algorithms and machine learning capabilities convert the lubricant data into alerts/alarms, meaningful insights, and recommendations for your asset.
VitalyX measures up to 15 parameters of lubrication oil, and combines them to give you a detailed picture of your assets health. All parameters have been proven to be comparable to laboratory results, in accordance with relevant ASTM specifications.
VitalyX Measurement Parameters
- Remaining useful life of oil
- Water contamination
- Salt water contamination
- Fuel contamination
- Wear particles
VitalyX - Digital Realtime Lubrication Oil Monitoring
VitalyX Use Case by Industry
- Lubrication oil issues are the major cause of failure on a vessel with an average cost of $750,000
- VitalyX has been proven to extended service internals up to 9x the current frequency
- Lubrication oil contamination is the number one cause of asset failure; VitalyX will prevent catastrophic loss of asset
- Real time oil monitoring can highlight issues before they occur
- 75% of bearing life reduced by water contamination. VitalyX can identify trace amounts of water contamination before laboratory results
- Average gearbox failure cost $400,000
- Reduce downtime by continued remote monitoring of critical assets
- 50% of offline lubricant analysis identifies serious issues; identify these issues in real time
- Integrate real-time oil analysis into your current SCADA or control network
- Reduce costs of operations by extending service intervals and eliminating unnecessary oil changes
Partnership with P&O Maritime Logistics Case Study
VitalyX provided continuous monitoring of the clients fleet, allowing the operator to move from time-based maintenance and lube oil changes to condition based maintenance.
Fleet wide deployment:
- Main engines
- Aux engines
VitalyX Added Value:
Based on the insights provided by VitalyX, the client achieved the following results over a 12 month period (per vessel):
- Zero asset loss
- $50,000 savings
- Extended lube oil change cycles by up to 9 planned changes
- 13,000 liters oil saved
- 44 tons Co2 equivalent saved (52 acres forest)
- 27 man-hours saved
Partnership with P&O Maritime Logistics
In the Media
Compressor Tech Article
Monitoring Lubricants in the Digital Era Article