Innovative X-ray target for microfocus X-ray sources
High-flux|target for up to 2 times faster microCT scans or doubled resolution
Today, throughput-optimized high-power CT scans require larger focal spots to prevent target material from melting. But the larger that focal spot becomes, the lower the image quality, and the precision.
As part of GEs CT innovations bundle combined with scatter|correct and latest dynamic 41 detector technology, the new GE proprietary high-flux|target makes CT scanning more efficient to allow even robot based fully automated high productivity mass CT inspection on the production floor, e.g. in casting industry or additive manufacturing. Due to its high thermal conductivity properties based on material properties instead of complex rotating anode technology, the new target allows higher power on a smaller focal spot. So users can maintain high image quality and scan much faster, or with improved accuracy: up to 2x throughput at same resolution or up to 2x higher resolution without throughput impact
The new high-flux|target technology is not only an option for new phoenix x-ray and CT systems, but also as retrofit package for existing systems without any negative impact on geometric magnification properties of the X-ray source.
• GE patented advanced X-ray target design based on material properties, not on a mechanical rotating anode concept
• Higher flux density due to optimized thermophysical performance
• Works with all lab and production process control microCT applications
• Up to 2 times throughput at the same high resolution
• Comparable high reliability and lifetime to conventional directional X-ray targets
• Increases inspection productivity, bringing CT from R&D applications to production floor
• Enables increased quality production, and allow users to catch more defects, reduce scraps, and stay ahead
• Option for all phoenix|x-ray directional microfocus X-ray tubes up to 300 kV
• Retrofit option for installed phoenix directional microfocus X-ray tubes, without impacting geometric magnification properties
• Fast and easy target exchange to perform CT scans with more than 100 W