Phoenix Speed|scan HD
Scan Around the Clock
Complex production lines must safely and consistently turn out high-quality parts and products. Waygate Technologies offers the Speed|scan HD - a fully automated high speed inline Computed Topography (CT) system for production process control and optimization. Based on more than 20 years of industry proven technology, the Speed|scan HD system supports microCT inspections for up to 100% of production volume, helping you to reach your zero defect target.
The system is designed to allow full 3D production control across a variety of electronic, automotive, and medical device applications, including batteries, connectors, injection moldings, and complex assemblies and AM parts.
Fully automated parts handling and a bundle of CT innovations enable 24/7 Speed|scan HD operation at exceptional voxel resolutions down to 25 microns. With advanced artificial intelligence (A/I) - based-battery anode overhang analysis as well as automatic defect recognition (ADR) for pass/fail decisions and fully automated CT workflows, the Speed|scan HD system is setting new standards for reliable and precise production control.
Talk to an expert
Waygate Technologies unveils phoenix speed|scan HD to deliver a new industry standard for up to 100% automated Micro CT inspection driving the highest performance for Inline microCT Inspection like never before.
AI based electrode overhang evaluation in a battery cell
Speed|scan HD Features
Rugged microfocus X-ray tube for production environments
Proprietary, open, directional, high-power 240 kV/100 W microfocus X-ray tube specifically designed to deliver exceptional reliability and reproducibility on the manufacturing floor in 24/7 operation (Inline|edition).
- Dense material penetration
- Detail detectability down to 20 μm
- Liquid cooled for high reliability
- "Unlimited" lifetime due to open tube design: All major components like filament and target can be exchanged by the operator
Part mix scanning just got easier. With Filter|changer - which can host up to 10 different hardware filters - you can redefine filter parameters for specified inspection tasks so that the filter settings are automatically adjusted before scanning.
- Increased flexibility when running part mix
- Fully automated workflow without user interaction
Dynamic41|200p+ X-ray detector
Specifically developed for longterm stability and reliability at industrial highenergy use in production, our next-generation flat panel X-ray detector platform delivers up to 10 times more efficiency and sensitivity than conventional technology 200 μm pixel DXR detectors. Lifetime has considerably been increased to meet the demands of inline applications.
- High efficiency and sensitivity for short inspection cycles
- High signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) for excellent image quality in production environment
- Dedicated to industrial high energy and inline applications
- Exclusive available only for Waygate Technologies customers
AI-based automated defect recognition (ADR)
Proprietary Artificial Intelligence (AI) based algorithms deliver exceptional ADR for battery anode overhang analysis. Our AI-based ADR yields greater accuracy and enhanced ease of use compared to conventional ADR approaches, eliminating the need for expert parameterization skills. Any authorized operator can parametrize the results (e.g. for highly accurate overhang issue detection), and the algorithms get more accurate over time.
Unique manipulation system uses two manipulation units to shorten inspection cycles. While one unit is active in the X-ray beam, the other manipulator is loaded and ready.
- Reduced loading/unloading wait times
- Shortened tact times
Safety gates and robot loading/unloading
Two security gates allow for continuous X-ray even while loading and unloading. Two robots (inside/outside) provide smooth and fast part handling capability.
- Smart loading/unloading gates for enhanced productivity
- Robot supported, fully automated workflows eliminate need for human interaction
Remote monitoring & diagnostics (RM&D)
The equipment health data of your core components can be pushed via our RM&D system, to our remote experts for fast system diagnosis and preventive maintenance to reduce potential downtime risks.
- Expert issue resolution
- Maximized uptime
- Increased system availability
All of this translates to significant cost savings due to:
- Reduced number of rejects and recalls - both internally and externally
- Lower cost of quality
- Faster product ramp up and production process optimization
- Significantly less user interaction than conventional CT technology
- 90% to 98% reduction in operator time due to robotics and automated workflows
- 90% to 98% reduction in expert analysis time with automated defect recognition (ADR)
- 5 to 10 times greater throughput compared to manual inspection
Frequently Asked Questions
What software is available for the Speed|scan HD?
Phoenix Datos|x 3D computed tomography acquisition and reconstruction software. Optional 3D evaluation software packages available upon request for 3D metrology, failure analysis, and structural analysis
What type of radiation safety does the Speed|scan HD have?
The Speed|scan HD employs a radiation safety cabinet for full protective installation without type approval according to German StrSchV/StrSchG and in compliance with French NFC 74 100 and US Performance Standard 21 CFR Subchapter J. For operation, other official licenses may be necessary
What type of detector does the Speed|scan HD use?
The Speed|scan HD from Waygate technologies uses a temperature-stabilized Dynamic 41|200p+ large area detector with superior image and result quality, 410 x 410 mm (16” x 16”), 200 μm pixel size, 2036 x 2036 pixels (4 MP), extremely high dynamic range > 10000:1
What is the maximum part weight I can inspect?
The maximum part weight is 2 - 4 kilograms, depending on the application