Let us get you up and running
Equip Your Plant with State-of-the-Art Controls Technology
Nexus Controls, a Baker Hughes business, is keenly aware of your need for increased safety, reliability, compliance and obsolescence management. Our solutions combined with 30+ years’ experience allow you to equip your plant with state-of-the-art controls technology. We make it a priority to deliver intuitive solutions, timely execution, and long-term peace-of-mind.
We upgrade services for both turnkey and non-turnkey projects based on Mark VIe, Nexus, and Woodward control technologies. We handle every step for lump-sum turnkey (LSTK) projects, from site assessment through execution and final handoff of unit-to-plant operations.
Let us get you up and running!
Site Project Managers act as a single point of contact for every aspect of a control upgrade outage, ensuring that your outage proceeds as planned. This helps manage craft labor, technical advisors, field engineers, training, scheduling and documentation through unit startup.
- Dedicated site project manager
- Electrical labor supervision
- Site personnel qualification
- Project site coordination
- Schedule management
- Documentation package
Our certified field engineers deploy for design, testing, functional checks and communications with third party devices that monitor these site components through the Control Room:
- Balance of plant on DCS
- Gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors, and hydro
- Generator protection & excitation systems
- Turbine static starters
Installation and startup of a new control & software project can challenge our customers without the support of trained professionals. Our Field Services will partner with you through the entire process to achieve safe, high-quality installation, commissioning, acceptance testing and start-up of your critical assets.
Our Human-Machine Interface (HMI) boosts efficiency, control system productivity, and unit performance. HMIs offer a window into your operations, with intelligence operators and maintenance technicians ready to maintain and improve your plant assets’ productivity.
We offer a variety of HMI hardware options to meet your specific needs, such as conventional commercial towers, rack mounted servers (2u), industrial servers (4u), and HMIs directly mounted onto the control systems’ panel.
- Upgraded to the newer Windows Operating System (OS) to reduce costs associated with maintaining older, unsupported operating systems
- Improved security posture by enabling a Cyber Asset Protection (CAP) subscription service
Our modification kits address concerns related to compliance or obsolescence to accommodate the ever-changing technology of control systems. We offer packaged modkits that seamlessly upgrade your system with the latest controller cards. In addition to the most recent controller hardware, modkits include software upgrades that trigger the application/configuration files and site services to implement the upgrade.
- Gateway to more capabilities – the latest cards are compatible with options such as Dry Low NOx (DLN)
- Better performing cards – increased processor speed and RAM
- Spares are widely available for the newest cards that produce shorter outages
All upgrade projects carry our edge-to-edge warranty period.
- Unit hand-off to customer initiates contract process
- 12-month warranty for all products, parts, and services
- 90-day software warranty
- 24-7 phone support included during warranty period
We can bundle your future upgrades and desired services into a single package with a predictable and level payment structure. These plans are fully customized to meet your unique needs and can be catered to your specific capital vs. operational expenditure targets. Our comprehensive package ensures that your current system is properly supported until an upgrade is convenient for you.
- Payments annually structured to align to your budget cycle
- Ensure your current system will be supported until you can upgrade
- Current controls assessment
- Engineered control system upgrade
- Dedicated site project manager
- Removal of obsolete products
- Installation and commissioning
Over 11,000 global projects successfully completed.
44 countries on 6 continents, 8 Assembly / Test Facilities, 13 Engineering Offices.
Genuine Parts for Woodward Hydro, GE Mark™ Controls and Nexus OnCore† products.
Global 24 hours per day - 7 days per week Domain Expertise is just one call away.