In just a few months our new Speed|scan HD product will set a new industry standard for micro CT inspections.
This exciting new solution will provide:
- Fully automated high-speed inline CT for production process control and optimization that allows for inspections of up to 100% of production volume.
- Unique, proprietary technology—including detector, X-ray tube, part manipulation, and artificial intelligence (AI)- based software—delivering short scanning times, enhanced throughput, and reduced takt times.
- First time integration of proprietary AI-based software for automated defect recognition (ADR) (battery anode overhang analysis) with exceptional detection accuracy.
The Speed|scan HD will deliver significant cost savings due to:
- Reduced number of rejects and recalls—both internally and externally
- Lower cost of quality
- Faster product ramp up
- Significantly less user interaction than conventional CT technology:
- 90% to 98% reduction of operator time due to robotics and automated workflow
- 90% to 98% reduction in expert analysis time with automated defect recognition
- 5 to 10 times greater throughput compared to manual inspection
Key features and benefits:
- Robust design for 24/7 operation in an industrial environment on the manufacturing floor
- High-speed and high-volume inspection capability as a result of advanced microfocus and detector technology
- Reduced takt time delivered via X-ray security gates for continuous X-ray on
- Enhanced throughput achieved through fully automated part handling
- High flexibility due to automated filter changer
- Parallel reconstruction of data sets and evaluation
- Automated defect recognition (ADR) for pass/fail decisions
- Safe remote monitoring and diagnostics (RM&D)
As the global leader in non-destructive testing (NDT), we obsess over the little things, so you don't have to. We ensure safety, quality and productivity for major industries around the world.
Inspection starts here.
Innovation starts here.
In this podcast, ARC Vice President Craig Resnick interviews two leaders from Waygate Technologies, a Baker Hughes business: Oliver Brunke, Product Management Team Leader and Udo de Vries, Growth and Strategy Leader, to discuss for example, what are the advantages of computed tomography in Lithium Ion battery cell inspection; in which phases of the product lifecycle can computed tomography be applied for batteries, which types of batteries and battery systems can be inspected, at which customer locations can CT be applied for batteries, and what kind of failures can computed tomography detect for Lithium Ion batteries.