Longitudinal SAW Pipe Weld Inspection
Ultrasonic LSAW Pipe Inspection Solutions
Waygate Technologies’ Krautkrämer SNUP-LO system is designed for automated ultrasonic inspection of the weld seam and Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) on Linear Submerged Arc Welded (LSAW) pipes meeting the needs of API, DNV and other oil and gas transmission pipeline standards.
SNUP-LO systems are the industry standard for high throughput inspection of both conventional carbon steel and CLAD pipe constructions. These ultrasonic testing systems are built with our industry-leading Phased Array technology or optionally with conventional ultrasonic methods to assess weld quality for process control prior to expansion and hydrostatic testing as well as for the final quality test.
We used to be GE Inspection Technologies, now we’re Waygate Technologies, a global leader in NDT solutions with more than 125 years of experience in ensuring quality, safety and productivity.
Get in touch
- Meets final test requirements for API 5L, DNV-OS-F101 and other global pipeline operator standards
- Standard Phased Array ultrasonic methods with optional Conventional ultrasound
- Laser weld seam tracking
- Available in lifting frame or portal configurations
- Rugged, stiff steel construction to minimize factory vibration impact on ultrasonic performance
- Automated setup with motorized probe centerline adjustment and sectorial scan optimization
- No dimensional or wall thickness limitations
- Optional On-bead weld inspection
- 100% in-process testing of LSAW welds
- Setup for Carbon steel or CLAD pipe weld inspection on same system
- High test speeds to keep up with multiple weld lines
- Flexible platform with fast changeover and setup for different pipe geometries
- Excellent ultrasonic inspection performance