Final code inspection of ERW/HFI welded pipe
ERW/HFI Welded Steel Pipe Inspection
Krautkrämer ERW-OFF is designed for final weld seam inspection of ERW/HFI welded steel pipe. The system incorporates the ultrasonic testing capabilities required to meet various API standards including API-5L and API-5CT. In addition to weld seam inspection, the Krautkrämer ERW-OFF is available with optional GKP full-body inspection capability. This additional function allows for dual operation of weld seam and full body inspection of two pipes in parallel at production speeds meeting the full requirement of API-5CT.
We used to be GE Inspection Technologies, now we’re Waygate Technologies, a global leader in NDT solutions with more than 125 years of experience in ensuring quality, safety and productivity.
Get in touch
- Meets final test requirements for API 5L, API 5CT and other global standards
- Standard Phased Array ultrasonic methods with optional conventional ultrasound
- Optically driven weld tracking capability
- Rugged, stiff steel construction to minimize factory vibration impact on ultrasonic performance
- Optional wall thickness and eccentricity testing
- Optional Full Body UT testing
- Excellent ultrasonic inspection performance with automatic weld following
- Single operator use
- High throughput with production speeds up to 2m/sec
- Flexible and quick setup for varying pipe geometries